Our registered address is:
Flat 512, Asquith House, 27 Monck Street, London, SW1P2AR
Our company number is:
Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Coupleworks is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the law requires us to explain your rights and our obligations to you. We ask that you carefully read this Privacy Notice as it contains information on:
- The personal data we request
- Your privacy rights and your protection under the law
What we collect:
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, postal address
- Emergency contact details
- Preference for receiving information by email or phone or text
When you become a client a contract is formed between us and the service we provide you as a client necessitates you providing us with personal information.
We process this information on the basis that there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a contract.
We continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or until it is terminated by either party.
The lawful basis and purpose of the processing:
- Your ‘explicit consent’ is the lawful basis for the processing of your personal data. The purpose of the processing is to provide you with an efficient service in terms of arranging appointments and for professional record keeping.
- Your personal information will not be shared unless you give permission, or we are required by law to do so.
- Your personal data is kept to help provide you with the services you have requested.
- For the purposes of record-keeping.
- To comply with the law.
- To comply with the regulations of the professional body the British Association
of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- To support a claim or a defence in court.
Your control of your personal data:
Your personal information will be held and processed until you withdraw consent.
You have the right to have your information erased.
You have the right to request access to the personal information that is held.
We will respond within 30 days.
You have the right to have your personal data corrected.
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the use of your personal data
with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Information we process with your implicit consent:
- You provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal data through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us. Such as when you browse the Coupleworks website or ask us to provide you with more information about our services.
- Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this data.
- Sometimes you give your consent implicitly, such as when you write to Coupleworks requesting a response.
- When you contact Coupleworks by telephone or by email, we collect the data you have given us in order to give the information you have requested.
- We record your request and your reply on the basis that there is a legitimate interest to efficiently manage our business.
- We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message (such as your name, telephone number, or email address) so as to communicate with you and provide a high-quality service.
- Sometimes we process information because we have a statutory obligation to comply with a legal requirement. (For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities, if they so request, or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.)
- We will continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by writing to the above address. Or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coupleworks is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have policies and procedures in place to prevent unauthorised disclosure and to safeguard the information that is collected.
- If we should receive a complaint, we will record all the information we are given.
- We will use that information to resolve the complaint.
- If we think a complaint is vexatious or without basis, we shall not enter into correspondence.
- If you complain about the content of our website we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it is justified, or if we feel the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content.
- If you have a complaint about how your data has been processed you should inform us by email.
Links to other websites:
- The Coupleworks website contains links to other websites of interest.
- However, once you have accessed these links, we do not have control over those websites.